Endure to the End
2 Nephi 1:15
But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.
I want the same confidence that Lehi had. I don't have to know that I will be exalted in the resurrection. Still, I want to know at least that I have been redeemed, that my repentance has been sufficient to allow Jesus to wash my garments in His blood. Hence, they are spotless and white, and I shall find myself in paradise and not spirit prison, that I will be a teacher of the gospel and not a prisoner who must still be taught.
I assume I will be in paradise, for I have received the ordinances and covenants that satisfy the performances of the law, but assuming is not enough. I believe my actions, at least here at the end, are sufficiently pleasing to God, but believing isn't enough. I want to know of my standing before God. If I am still not right before Him, I want to know what I can do better to please Him.
I cannot change the past; only Jesus can do that through His atonement. But I can choose my best future. I can choose to let God change me, fix my twisted wiring, and show me my best path.
O Father, I'm sorry I spent so much of my life in pride and stubbornness. I thought I was on the right path, but I see now that I was a Pharisee instead of a disciple. O God, please change me, work in me, fix me. Accept my imperfect surrender. Apply Christ's atonement to me. Show me how to please You and grant me the grace of Christ to do what You tell me to do. Don't give up on me. Give me the courage to not give up on myself. Strengthen me through grace to endure to the end in a life of righteousness that will qualify me to be fully redeemed, so I may enter into Your rest.

Comments
Post a Comment