Redeemed by Christ
2 Nephi 2:3
Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men.
Lehi knew his son had been redeemed because of a vision Jacob had while he was still young. The boy had been visited by Christ, and only a redeemed and sanctified person could receive such a visitation. Thus, Lehi was assured of Jacob's redemption and standing with God.
I am redeemed by Christ, not by my own efforts. I have to do my best, but only Christ can make it happen. My righteousness is always insufficient. Christ's infinite righteousness is always required.

Comments
Post a Comment