Teach from Love
2 Nephi 1:26
And ye have murmured because he hath been plain unto you. Ye say that he hath used sharpness; ye say that he hath been angry with you; but behold, his sharpness was the sharpness of the power of the word of God, which was in him; and that which ye call anger was the truth, according to that which is in God, which he could not restrain, manifesting boldly concerning your iniquities.
When teaching those who need to repent, I should follow Nephi's example. I should be clear and straightforward about the commandments and laws of God, sharply focused on the behaviors and beliefs that need to be corrected. I must be assertive and not apologetic about the things I teach. When I teach the truth, I should not water it down or make excuses.
Most of all, though, I must speak from love. Those I teach may misinterpret my love and perceive my teaching as anger, piety, and self-righteousness, but if I give it in love and they accept it in the right spirit, such teaching can create a strong bond of love between the teacher and the learner.

Comments
Post a Comment